Tiffani Amber Thiessen Ernest was born on January 23, 1974 in Long Beach, California. Her father, Frank, was a park designer and her mother, Robyn, was a homemaker. Tiffani grew up in Long Beach with her parents as the middle sister to her two brothers, Todd and Schuyler. She is of Welsh, German, Greek and Turkish descent, and goes by the nickname Tiff. She attended Cubberley Elementary and Marshall Junior High School in Long Beach. In 1992, Thiessen graduated as valedictorian at Valley Professional High School in Studio City, Los Angeles.
Tiffani first appeared in a TV commercial for the Peaches and Cream Barbie Doll. She got her acting break in 1989 when she landed the role of Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell. This role as the squeaky clean popular cheerleader lasted 5 years.
After Saved by the Bell, Tiffani was looking for a different kind of character. In 1994 a new Tiffani arrived on the scene. She had a whole new look, including shorter hair and breast implants. Tiffani then landed the role as the sexy vixen, Valerie Malone on Beverly Hills, 90210. This time instead of the preppy and cheerful cheerleader, Tiffani played a blackmailing and corrupt vixen that knew what she wanted and would stop at nothing to get it. Tiffani's character ended up sleeping with every male on the show, and becoming rivals with every female.
She starred in White Collar as Elizabeth Burke, one of the shows main characters from 2009-2014. In the revival series of Saved By The Bell she's a recurring character.
Tiffani married actor Brady Smith on Saturday, July 9, 2005 at a private estate in Montecito, California. On June 15, 2010, she gave birth to her first child. On July 1, 2015, she gave birth to her second.
- Northpole (2014)
- Tiffani Thiessen Is Busy (short) (2009)
- Cyborg Soldier (2008)
- Stroller Wars (2006)
- Hollywood Ending (2002)
- A Christmas Adventure ...From a Book Called Wisely's Tales (2001)
- Everything But the Girl (2001)
- Shriek If you KNow What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth (2000)
- The Ladies Man (2000)
- Ivans xtc. (2000)
- Love Stinks (1999)
- From Duck Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money (1999)
- Speedway Junky (1999)
- Buried Secrets (1996)
- Sweet Dreams (1996)
- She Fought Alone (1995)
- The Stranger Beside Me (1995)
- Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas (1994)
- Son in Law (1993)
- A Killer Among Friends (1992)
- Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style (1992)
- Who Shrunk Saturday Morning? (1989)
- Saved by the Bell (2020-2021)
- Alexa & Katie (2018-2020)
- American Housewife (2017)
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2015)
- White Collar (2009-2014)
- Captain Jake and the Never Land Pirates (2012-2014)
- What About Brian (2007)
- Pandemic (mini-series) (2007)
- Good Morning, Miami (2003-2004)
- Fastlane (2002-2003)
- Just Shoot Me! (2001)
- Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place (2000)
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1994-2000)
- NewsRadio (1999)
- Cupid (1999)
- Burke's Law (1994)
- Saved by the Bell: The College Years (1993-1994)
- Saved by the Bell (1989-1992)
- The Powers That Be (1992)
- Blossom (1992)
- Step by Step (1992)
- Valerie (1990)
- Married... with Children (1990)
- Charles in Charge (1990)
- Live-In (1989)
Notes and Trivia
- Is a close friend of actress and Beverly Hills 90210 co-star Jennie Garth.
- Won the Miss Junior America beauty pageant in 1987.
- Won Teen Magazine's Great Model Search in 1988.
- Made Cover Girl Magazine's Model of the Year in 1989.
- Has two dogs, Buck & Pearl, and two cats, Sadie & Savannah.
- Was engaged to actor Richard Ruccolo in October 2001; broke off engagement in April 2003.
- Started her own production company, Tit 4 Tat Productions.
- Was formerly a vegetarian.
- Has a total of three tattoos; the daisy on her back was her first tattoo. She got it when she was only 16. She also has a lotus flower on her stomach and an angel above her right ankle.
- While appearing on Saved By The Bell, Tiffani had guest roles on Blossom, Married With Children, Step By Step, Charles in Charge and The Hogan Family