|The Mamas and the Papas'|
|Season 1, Episode 12|
|Air date||November 11, 1989|
|Written by|| Peter Engel, |
|Directed by||Don Barnhart|
The Friendship Business
For a class assignment everyone is put into pairs to act out married life so they are prepared when they grow up: Zack and Kelly, Jesse and Slater, Screech and Lisa. However, Slater sets out to ruin Zack and Kelly's marriage with Screech's aid, because he wanted to be married to Kelly.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Zack Morris
- Mario Lopez as A.C. Slater
- Dustin Diamond as Screech Powers
- Tiffani Thiessen as Kelly Kapowski
- Elizabeth Berkley as Jessie Spano
- Lark Voorhies as Lisa Turtle
- Dennis Haskins as Richard Belding
Zack: "Mr. B, what are you doing here?"
Mr. Belding: "I'm here to marry you"
Zack: "Sorry Sir, You're Not My Type"
Mr. Belding: "Zip it, or you'll be honeymooning in Detention"
Zack: "Zipping Sir"
Kelly: Well I think humor is very important in keeping a marriage together.
Slater: Oh yeah..other things are important too.
Jessie: Really, Slater?
Slater: Sure. Trust, understanding, and great legs.
Jessie: You macho pig.
Slater: Oink, oink, baby!
Screech: No way I'm taking off THESE magic underpants.
Zack: So I can watch The Young and the Restless.
Jessie: It's more the Blonde and the Useless.
- When Lisa asked why she had to go with Screech, Mr. Belding said that he put them in alphabetical order. That can't be true because Screech's last name starts with a P and Lisa's last name starts with a T.
- Mr. Belding pulls Zack, Slater, and Screech into his office to discuss their punishment for bringing their personal vendetta's into the assignment. Which is incorrect: Slater orchestrated with Screech to break up Zack and Kelly. For once, Zack is the victim as he had no knowledge about this at all, and should not have been punished.