Saved by the Bell: The New Class is a spin-off of the Saved by the Bell series which ran from September 11, 1993 to January 8, 2000. The series lasted for seven seasons on NBC as a part of the network's TNBC Saturday morning line-up. It was the fourth incarnation of the franchise.
The show had the same concept as the original series but featured a new group of students now roaming the halls of the fictional Bayside High School. Mr. Belding, played by Dennis Haskins, remained as the school's principal. Many of the stories were recycled plots of its parent series. The first season cast included Robert Sutherland Telfer, Jonathan Angel, Isaac Lidsky, Natalia Cigliuti, Bianca Lawson, and Bonnie Russavage. Unlike the original series, which featured very few major cast changes throughout its run, The New Class regularly changed its core cast with Mr. Belding being the only constant factor.
- Dennis Haskins as Principal Richard Belding
- Robert Sutherland Telfer as Scott Erickson (season 1)
- Isaac Lidsky as Barton 'Weasel' Wyzell (season 1)
- Bonnie Russavage as Vicki Needleman (season 1)
- Bianca Lawson as Megan Jones (seasons 1–2)
- Natalia Cigliuti as Lindsay Warner (seasons 1–3)
- Jonathan Angel as Thomas 'Tommy D' De Luca (seasons 1–3)
- Dustin Diamond as Screech Powers (seasons 2–7)
- Kevin Gardner as Milton (Season 1-3)
- Christian Oliver as Brian Keller (season 2)
- Spankee Rodgers as Bobby Wilson (season 2)
- Sarah Lancaster as Rachel Meyers (guest star season 1, seasons 2–4)
- Salim Grant as R.J. "Hollywood" Collins (season 3)
- Richard Lee Jackson as Ryan Parker (seasons 3–5)
- Samantha Becker as Maria Lopez (seasons 3–7)
- Anthony Harrell as Cornelius "Eric" Little (seasons 4–7)
- Ben Gould as Nicky Farina (seasons 4–7)
- Lindsey McKeon as Katie Peterson (seasons 4–7)
- Ashley Lyn Cafagna as Liz Miller (seasons 5–7)
- Tom Wade Huntington as Tony Dillon (seasons 6–7)
- Dennis Rader as Himself (Season 4)
For a complete list of episodes, see Saved by the Bell:The New Class Episodes.
- This is the only series of the Saved by the Bell franchise to last longer than the original series.
- Its cast members went on to be well known in Hollywood.
- Bianca Lawson (Megan Jones) was in several popular TV shows such as Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Sister, Sister, Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries, and Teen Wolf.
- Sarah Lancaster (Rachel Meyers) was in Everwood and Chuck.
- Lindsey McKeon (Katie Peterson) was in One Tree Hill.
- Natalia Cigliuti (Lindsay Warner) was in All My Children and The Glades.
- Cast member Richard Lee Jackson (Ryan Parker) is the real-life brother of Jonathan Jackson who played Lucky Spencer on General Hospital.
- The character of Maria Lopez on the show is named after Mario Lopez, who played A.C. Slater in the original series.