Mark-Paul is the son of Paula (née van den Brink) and Hans Gosselaar. Hans is from the Netherlands and is of German & Dutch Jewish descent. Paula is from Bali, Indonesia and is of Indonesian & Dutch descent.
He has an older brother named Mike and two older sisters named Sylvia & Linda. All of three of them were born in the Netherlands.
Mark-Paul began modeling when he was 5 years old. As a child, he appeared in commercials for Oreo cookies and Smurf merchandise.
He later appeared on television shows such as "Highway to Heaven," "The Twilight Zone," "The Wonder Years," "Charles in Charge" and "Punky Brewster."
In 1996, Mark-Paul starred in the television film "She Cried No" (which also starred "Full House" star Candace Cameron). In 1998, he starred in the film "Dead Man on Campus."
From 2001 to 2005, he portrayed the role of Detective John Clark on the ABC Network drama series "NYPD Blue." In 2008, Mark-Paul starred on the short-lived TNT Network series "Raising the Bar."
He currently portrays the role of Peter Bash on the TNT Network series "Franklin & Bash."
During his time on "Saved by the Bell," Mark-Paul dated his female co-stars Tiffani Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkley and Lark Voorhies at different times. He still remains friends with his Saved by the Bell castmates.
In 1996, Mark-Paul married former model Lisa Ann Russell. Together, they have two children: a son named Michael Charles (born on January 31, 2004) and a daughter named Ava Lorenn (born on May 7, 2006).
In June 2010, Mark-Paul and Lisa Ann announced their separation. He filed for divorce in June 2010 and it became final in May 2011.
In August 2011, he became engaged to advertising executive Catriona McGinn and they married on July 28, 2012. In September 2013, they welcomed a son.
- Precious Cargo (2016)
- Heist (2015)
- 12 Dates of Christmas (2011)
- Hide (2011)
- Law Dogs (2007)
- The House Next Door (2006)
- Hitched (2005)
- Atomic Twister (2002)
- Alikes (2002)
- Beer Money (2001)
- The Princess & the Marine (2001)
- Dead Man on Campus (1998)
- Born Into Exile (1997)
- Dying to Belong (1997)
- Kounterfeit (1996)
- Sticks & Stones (1996)
- She Cried No (1996)
- Specimen (1996)
- Brothers of the Frontier (1996)
- Twisted Love (1995)
- The St. Tammany Miracle (1994)
- Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas (1994)
- For the Love of Nancy (1994)
- White Wolves: A Cry in the Wild II (1993)
- Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style (1992)
- Who Shrunk Saturday Morning? (1989)
- Necessary Parties (1988)
- Donald's Fire Survival Plan (Revised) (short) (1984)
- Saved by the Bell (2020-2021)
- Mixed-ish (2019-2021)
- The Passage (2019)
- Nobodies (2018)
- Robot Chicken (short) (2008-2018)
- Pitch (2016)
- Family Guy (2016)
- Truth Be Told (2015)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2014-2015)
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2015)
- Franklin & Bash (2011-2014)
- Mad (2013)
- Men at Work (2013)
- Happy Endings (2013)
- Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 (2012)
- Weeds (2010)
- Rizzoli & Isles (2010)
- Raising the Bar (2008-2009)
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (2009)
- John from Cincinnati (2007)
- Commander in Chief (2005-2006)
- Over There (2005)
- NYPD Blue (2001-2005)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2001)
- D.C. (2000)
- Hyperion Bay (1998-1999)
- Robin's Hoods (1994)
- Saved by the Bell: The New Class (1994)
- Saved by the Bell: The College Years (1993-1994)
- Blossom (1992)
- Saved by the Bell (1989-1992)
- Murphy Brown (1990)
- Good Morning, Miss Bliss (1988-1989)
- Charles in Charge (1988)
- Punky Brewster (1988)
- The Wonder Years (1988)
- The Twilight Zone (1986)
- Stingray (1986)
- Highway to Heaven (1986)
- Attended Hart High School
- Colored his hair blonde in every episode of "Saved by the Bell."
- As a child, he spoke fluent Dutch at home.
- His paternal great-grandparents, Hartog "Herman" Gosselaar and Hester van Emden, were killed in The Holocaust. They died in the Sobibor extermination camp in Nazi-occupied Poland on September 4, 1943.
- Is a sports car enthusiast, race car driver, track cyclist, dirt biker, and pilot.
- He competed in the Far West Championships for track cycling in 2005.
- Won the Category 4/5 Sprint Championship event at the Encino Velodrome.